The Community Garden is located in the Truckee River Regional Park. From Brockway Road, turn onto Estates Drive (at the Truckee Skate Park) and head straight into the park entrance (rather than following the road to the right). Park there and follow the dirt path (indicated by the white footsteps below) that leads towards the "Music in the Park" venue. All are welcome!
- Educate the community on sustainable, high-altitude gardening techniques
- Encourage food security + self-reliance by growing fresh fruit, vegetables, and herbs
- Inspire the spread of more home gardens throughout the local community
- Provide fresh, locally grown food to the Sierra Senior Services, Meals-on-Wheels Program
- Promote a beautiful + vibrant space for our community to enjoy
Slow Food Lake Tahoe's mission is to connect our community to the enjoyment of good, clean and fair food by inspiring a self-reliant food culture. We educate the community about growing, preparing and accessing local and sustainable food. Good, clean and fair food for all.